I don't want to tell you how to manage your blog. I've already written about how tired I was of everyone with a blog telling me how to make my blog better. Who writes a blog post every day? I'm lucky if I can hammer out a post out a week although I'm committed to my goal for this year. I am crawling out of my biggest blogging block yet and I thought it would be fun to write about how I did it.
Quality was always more important to me than quantity but dry spells are common. The brain just taps out and I don't know what to write about. So I take a blogging break, that's okay. But I'm back and rejuvenated and let the burnt-outness pass. That's my first tip on how to get out of a blogging block:
- Ride it out! If you suffer from insomnia, they say the harder you try to sleep, the longer you will stay awake. So....don't try so hard. Stop thinking about it.
- Read other blogs: Don't flat out COPY someone else, but you may come across a blog post that will trigger inspiration to share your own point of view. Which leads to my next point...
- Respond to an article you read. This has been a BIG help for me when I came back to this blog late last year. That's how I came up with the blog post, Don't You Want To Be A Mom?
- Draft random ideas & save: I have a bunch of incomplete drafts saved in my blog. Some drafts just consist of random words that I will get back to (eventually). I can quickly access my blog on my phone which is where I store most of my brain storming ideas.
- Go to a bookstore: I have not done this but I love this suggestion from SmartBlogger.
That's it! It's a small list but it's worked for me. How do you get out of your writers block?
- Here's A Blog Tip: Stop Telling Me What To Do - Ink & Coffee